Passport ‘Card’ vs. Passport ‘Book’

My friend just found out the hard way about the difference between a passport ‘CARD’ versus a passport ‘BOOK’.

The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book.

The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

Save yourself some disappointment and make sure you obtain a passport ‘BOOK’ if you plan to ever take a flight out of the United States.

Copyright © Margaret Owen, Cruise Pro